Special K Treats
1 c. White Karo Syrup
1 c. Sugar
1 c. Peanut Butter
4 c. Special K Cereal
Mix Karo and Sugar in heavy Pan and bring to a boil. Remove from Heat and add Peanut Butter. Stir until well blended. Add cereal and stir until well coated. Drop on wax paper while hot and let cool.
Variation: try different Cereals for a different flavor!
4 Qts. Popcorn *
2 Sticks of Butter
2 c. Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 c. White Karo Syrup
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1) Pop Popcorn and Sort out un popped peices. Add Nuts.***
2) Melt Butter, Brown Sugar, Salt, and Karo in Pan. Bring to a boil and then simmer 5-8 min.
3) Stir in Baking Soda and watch it rise!
4) Pour over Popcorn and Nuts and Stir together until popcorn and nuts are well coated.
5) Spread onto a cookie sheet and Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour.
6) Remove and let cool. Should break apart easily.
* I prefer buttered Popcorn adds a richer flavor!
** Use any nuts you like! A mix even! I prefer Cashews.
*** I like to add the nuts into the carmel on the stove to insure they are completely coated. Sometimes they fall to the bottom of the popcorn and don't mix in as well.