Yep that's right..I get to name this one after me...because I made it! After three months of practicing and experimenting I have finally gotten it right!
So here it is....
Shannon's Sugar Cookies
1 Lg. Egg
1/2 tsp. Salt*
4-5 drops Peppermint Oil**
1. Mix Butter and Sugar until creamy. Add egg.
2. Add Peppermint Oil, Baking Power, and Salt.
3. Slowly add Flour.
4. Roll out immediately on floured surface until 1/2 inch thick.
5. Cut with cookie cutters.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
7. Allow to cool for one minute on cookie sheet before removing to cooling racks.
*If you use salted butter feel free to skip the salt.
**I use the Wilton Peppermint Candy flavoring. Can be found at Walmart, Micheal's, or Hobby Lobby.