cutest blog on the block

Friday, February 19, 2010

Shannon's Sugar Cookies

Yep that's right..I get to name this one after me...because I made it!  After three months of practicing and experimenting I have finally gotten it right! 
So here it is....

Shannon's Sugar Cookies
1c. Butter
1c. Sugar
1 Lg. Egg
3c. Flour
2tsp.Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt*
4-5 drops Peppermint Oil**

1. Mix Butter and Sugar until creamy.  Add egg.
2. Add Peppermint Oil, Baking Power, and Salt.
3. Slowly add Flour.
4. Roll out immediately on floured surface until 1/2 inch thick.
5. Cut with cookie cutters.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
7. Allow to cool for one minute on cookie sheet before removing to cooling racks.

*If you use salted butter feel free to skip the salt.
**I use the Wilton Peppermint Candy flavoring.  Can be found at Walmart, Micheal's, or Hobby Lobby.

3 comments:

Heather Sutherlin said...

Do you mean, "if you use salted butter, feel free to skip the SALT?"

Shannon said...

yep.

Trish said...

These have become my very favorite sugar cookies. Thanks for making them for Annabelle's birthday party.