Wednesday, April 14, 2010
This is a great recipe that kids and adults will love! It's a little time consuming so I recommend doing them for special occasions.
1 jar pitted maraschino cherries with stem
12 ounces white chocolate chips
small package of sliced almonds (buy them, it is nearly impossible to slice them yourself)
Red gel icing
1. Melt 6 ounces of white chocolate chips in microwave. Put chocolate in glass or ceramic bowl. Microwave for 1 minute intervals, stirring between minutes will make sure that the chocolate won't burn.
2. Dry cherries on paper towel. Hold cherries by the stem and dip into the melted chocolate. Set on wax paper.
3. Sort almonds, make sure you have two ears per mouse. Dip one end of almond in melted chocolate then press against cherry. (Repeat for other ear).
4. Dip one white chocolate chip in melted chocolate then press against cherry near ears.
5. Make two tiny red eyes with gel. If you want to make whiskers with the gel, try it, if it doesn't work then pop it in your mouth and no one will ever know.
Hope you enjoy this whimsical treat.