cutest blog on the block

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Crustless Quiche Lorraine

I love this recipe. I adapted it from a recipe given to my by my friend Connie in Maine, but I'm sure it is a lot like other Quiche Lorraine recipes. This is a breakfast favorite, but it's great for dinner, too! You can make this with a crust, but I make it crustless for our low-carb diet.
Quiche Lorraine
4 eggs
1 cup half & half
diced green onions
crumbled bacon or sliced ham
swiss cheese slices
1/2 tsp. salt
dash of nutmeg
Beat eggs with half & half and add salt and nutmeg. In a buttered shallow baking dish, crumble bacon and add diced green onions. Place cheese slices over all. Pour egg mixture over the cheese layer. Bake at 350 till slightly brown and the quiche should not jiggle in the center. Should take about 45 minutes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd just like to add....for those that have family members that run away from the tasty green onion...get some dried chives. You still get the flavor without the chunks. Just a little something I have to do from time to time for my picky family.

Trish said...

I thought I was the only one who put nutmeg in Quiche Loraine. I think it adds that little surprise. Thanks for recipe, I have friends who can't have too many carbs. This is perfect.

Anonymous said...

Merci d'avoir un blog interessant