cutest blog on the block

Saturday, October 28, 2006

The Best Ever Chili

It took me three years to create this recipe. Now I can't get enough. After a much celebrated debut at my mother's birthday luncheon, I am now sharing it with the world. If you win any awards with it, give me a shout out!
Heather’s Chili

2 can pinto beans
2 can black beans
2 can red kidney beans
3 (35 oz.) cans petite diced tomatoes
1 lb. ground beef
1 onion diced or 1 tbsp onion flakes
2 Tbsp miced garlic
4 Tbsp chili powder
2 Tbsp ground cumin
1 Tbsp oregano
1 tsp basil
Salt & pepper

Brown the beef with the onions. Drain the beef and pour into a large crock pot. Add the other ingredients and cook 4-6 hours. If you want it spicier, add more chili powder or a some diced jalapenos. I serve this with sour cream and cheese over tortilla chips.

5 comments:

laura said...

It's in the crock-pot as we speak :) I put it in high, wasn't sure whether to put it on low or high... so we'll see! Thanks for helping make another day of good eating possible in the Bull house :) God bless you friend!

Heather Sutherlin said...

Hope it turned out delicious. Let us know how you liked it! Love you, sweet friend.

laura said...

okay... the chili was AWESOME! and i made a whole crock-pot full and so we were heating up chili for days. it was great! thank you so much! this is the new chili of choice in the bull house! love you my friend!

Heather Sutherlin said...

I am soooo glad that you liked it! It really did take me years to develop this recipe. It is the only chili I will eat now.

Shannon said...

Mmmmmmmmm, it's in the crock pot, thanks!